To request articles, books, or other documents, please email the details to email@example.com or call us on 04 385 5307.
- University of Otago Staff.
- CCDHB staff.
- Currently enrolled University of Otago students.
Start by checking Library Search | Ketu to make sure we do not hold what you need in the Library.
- If you can’t find what you need scroll to the bottom on the results page and select Interloan:
- You will be directed through to WorldCat where you can search for the item you need.
- Click on the title of the item you need and select ‘Request an Interloan’:
- You will be directed through to the University Interloan service where the details of the item along with your details will automatically populate the request form.
- Add any Comments to the request.
- For books, select the Pickup location: Wellington Medical Library. Distance students select the Home Delivery pickup location and we will post the book to you
- Submit request
- You may be prompted to log in.
- UOW staff and students: use your assigned username and password (the same one you use for email / eVision)
- CCDHB staff: if you are logging in for the first time, please click ‘Set/reset password’. Username is your CCDHB email address
- If you have another item you want to request, go back to your Library Search tab and search for the next item.
Trouble finding what you need?
You can fill in a blank Interloan request form by selecting Request an Interloan from the Library links dropdown menu on the top right corner.
Copies generally arrive within 3-5 working days.
We will email you when the article arrives. Follow the links in the email to access the pdf. Due to copyright restrictions, the pdf will only remain in your account for 30 days so we advise you to print or save the document as soon as you can. Copies are yours to keep.
- Due to copyright, only one article from an issue of a journal may be requested at one time, or two articles if they are on the same topic.
Loans generally arrive within 3-5 working days although may take longer if coming from overseas.
We will email you when the book arrives. The email will include the pickup location (which you would have selected when you placed the request) and the due date. We will post loans out to distance students.
Most loans are supplied for four-weeks and can usually be renewed if you need them for longer. Some loans will be supplied as 'Reference only' and must be used in the Library.
New Zealand theses are relatively easy to source at no cost to you. Theses from overseas institutions can be more difficult to source and often have to be purchased. Interloan staff will advise you of your options.
- Sign-in to your Interloan account.
- In your Account Details under Interlibrary Loan Requests find the item you want to renew.
- Select Renew.
- Your renewal request will go to the Library who supplied the interloan. They will approve the renewal and extend the due date, or they will decline the renewal which means you need to return it by the original due date.
Where do I return interloaned books?
You can return your Interloan to Wellington Medical & Health Sciences Library.
We will contact you via your University of Otago or CCDHB email address. For students who do not use this address you can set up Email forwarding from your student Webmail account.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 04 385 5914 if you have any questions or feedback about the Interloan service.