A welcome event will be held from 5pm–7pm on Wednesday, 30 January 2019 at Parliament.
About this conference
This conference will bring together the brightest minds and most influential personalities from across the cancer control continuum, both internationally and in New Zealand. It will draw knowledge and experience from international contexts that have faced similar challenges, delivered by exceptional keynote speakers. It will paint a picture of the current major challenges that we face and identify possible solutions to these challenges. It will provide a forum for debate, and an opportunity to build networks and bridges across the continuum.
This conference is co-hosted by the University of Otago and the Cancer Society of New Zealand, supported by the NZ Society of Oncology and the Ministry of Health.
Who should come?
This conference is for people who are connected with and lead our communities affected by cancer, who lead and provide that care, who plan for the future, and those who are able to share that vision with others – including:
- Those working in cancer, health care policy, and health services organisation from the Ministry of Health, Cancer Networks, Health Quality and Safety Commission, Health Promotion Agency, Pharmac, District Health Boards and other relevant organisations
- Researchers and academics, and those working in relevant research funding organisations such as the HRC, National Science Challenges, and Genesis Oncology
- Clinicians including medical and radiation oncologists, surgeons, palliative care specialists, cancer nurses, and other cancer care professionals; those working in relevant medical Colleges, Nursing and Medical Councils
- Health equity specialists including those serving on He Āhuru Mōwai, and other interested groups
- Consumers and consumer groups
- Communicators and community leaders
|Date||Thursday, 31 January 2019 - Friday, 1 February 2019|
|Time||All Day Event|
|Event Category||Health Sciences|
|Location||Te Papa Tongarewa (Museum of New Zealand)|
55 Cable St, Te Aro, Wellington, New Zealand
|Cost||Please visit the conference website for more details.|