Historical perspectives; search and rescue; primary aeromedical retrieval; secondary aeromedical retrieval and transfers; logistics of long reach retrieval; tertiary aeromedical transport; logistics of international repatriation; essential pre-flight considerations; working as a team.
|Paper title||Medical Logistics in Aeromedical Transport|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,889.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,674.00|
- Limited to
- MAeroRT, MAvMed, MHealSc, PGCertAeroRT, PGDipAeroRT, PGDipHealSc
Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, email@example.com.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
Course Director: Graham Denyer
- Paper Structure
Core paper for the Postgraduate Certificate in Aeromedical Retrieval and Transport (PGCertAeroRT) and Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences endorsed in Aeromedical Retrieval and Transport (PGDipHealSc(AeroRT)). Part of the Masters of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed), Masters of Health Sciences endorsed in Aeromedical Retrieval and Transport (MHealSc(AeroRT)) and the Master of Aeromedical Retrieval (MAeroRT).
- Teaching Arrangements
This is a fully distance-taught paper and is taught in odd years in the first semester.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the paper will be able to:
- Describe what aeromedical logistics means and compare and contrast examples from across the spectrum of aeromedical services.
- Critically appraise the systems, roles, teamwork, and decision-making processes involved in retrieval coordination and pre-flight preparation and planning.
- Apply their understanding of the logistical considerations and constraints of aeromedical services to complex aeromedical taskings.