The management of trauma, medical and surgical emergencies in the rural setting. Includes immediate, intermediate and continuing care for the injured or critically ill patient.
|Paper title||Trauma and Emergencies in Rural Settings|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (11 July 2022 - 16 December 2022) (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,938.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- GENA 730, GENX 722
- Limited to
- PGCertRPHP, PGDipGP, PGDipPHC, PGDipRPHP
- Includes one period of residential study.
Leigh-Ann Moir, Rural PG Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
Distance learning with one residential course in Ashburton.
- Readings supplied with paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will demonstrate the ability to understand and handle trauma emergencies in rural hospitals.