An investigation of the theory, research and practice of rehabilitation and self-management in cardiac and pulmonary disease and ventilatory support in community settings.
This paper provides an opportunity for an in-depth investigation of the theory, research and practice of rehabilitation and self-management for people with cardiac or pulmonary disease. The paper would suit health professionals working with people who have cardiac and/or pulmonary conditions and who are interested in an interdisciplinary approach to patient care and rehabilitation.
|Paper title||Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020, expected to be offered in 2021|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,857.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,363.00|
- Limited to
- MHealSc, PGDipHealSc, PGDipRehab, PGCertRehab, PGDipPhty, MPhty
- Can normally only be taken for the qualifications listed above; other students may be admitted with approval from the Board of Studies for Postgraduate Studies in Rehabilitation.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, email@example.com.
- More information link
- View further information about Rehabilitation Studies
- Teaching staff
- Dr Rebecca Grainger
- Teaching Arrangements
- One 2-day compulsory seminar held at the University of Otago, Wellington campus
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Gain in-depth understanding of the current literature on all aspects of cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, with focus on rehabilitation in chronic obstructive respiratory disease, ischemic heart disease, cardiac failure and ventilation in neuromuscular disorders
- Develop the skills and knowledge to develop an evidence-based approach to the delivery and assessment of cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services