The Department has a small but active research programme with several postgraduate students in recent years.
Current areas of interest include volatile anaesthetic uptake and distribution.
The information below maybe of some use to those about to undergo anaesthesia and surgery.
- The New Zealand Society of Anaesthetists and the NZ National Committee of ANZCA now have a combined web site.
- The Waikato Hospital Department
- GasNet at Yale is a major reference point with links to journal abstracts, book reviews, comprehensive listings of anaesthesiology resources, software and video clips. GasNet also hosts the "anaesthesiology discussion group", an EMail discussion group which discusses a wide range of topics at some length - an excellent way to keep up on the way anaesthetists around the world are thinking.
- The Virtual Anaesthesia Textbook with 64 chapters covering an enormous variety of topics. Its goal is to create and maintain, using a familiar 'textbook' style, a comprehensive set of links to all known anaesthesia related internet information.
- For those with an interest in anaesthesia history, the Virtual Museum of Anesthesiology organised by the Anaesthesia History Association is an interesting starting point. Or for you exploration of the web and anaesthesia try this list of links.