Information Technology Services (ITS) offers training for a wide range of computer programs to suit different skill level and group size. Courses can be booked online and IT Training can tailor courses for groups of various sizes and different levels.
Public courses are open to staff, students, or the general public. Many are free to University of Otago staff.
- Search for an IT training course
- View IT Training courses by date
- View IT Training courses by subject category
- View all IT training courses
You must be a University of Otago student to attend one of our subsidised student courses. Book online with a credit card, or come to ITS Reception to pay by cash or Eftpos.
We can tailor any of our courses for an individual or group session, and also offer technical training. Please contact the IT Training team for more information.
- View advanced technical IT training courses
- Individual tuition (pdf, 221KB)
- Customised training (pdf, 243KB)
Can’t find the course you want?
Please contact the IT Training team to discuss how we can help you.
Training room hire
You can hire our IT Training rooms on the Dunedin campus. They are available for hire on a half-day basis for IT-related conferences or workshops when available
- Please complete the Room Hire Application form (pdf, 201KB) and return to ITS Reception.
- View the training room specifications. (pdf, 197KB)
IT Training – what’s new?
Free online training with GoSkills
(Now includes both Excel and PowerPoint)
Access from any computer, tablet or mobile device with an internet connection.
Go to www.goskills.com/coupon and enter code OU2014 and create yourself an account. If you already have a login from last year please use that and enter the new code.
Please note you must use a university @otago email address.
Available until the end of 2014.
Read the 2011 IT Training Annual Report (pdf, 227KB)