Information Technology Services (ITS) offers training for a wide range of computer programs to suit different skill level and group size. Courses can be booked online and IT Training can tailor courses for groups of various sizes and different levels.
Public courses are open to staff, students, or the general public. Many are free for University of Otago staff.
- Search for a course
- Courses by date
- Courses by subject category
- See which courses you've already attended
You must be a University of Otago student to attend one of our subsidised student courses. Book online with a credit card, or come to ITS Reception to pay by cash or EFTPOS.
We can tailor any of our courses for an individual or group session, and also offer technical training.
- Please contact the IT Training team for individual or custom training
- View advanced technical IT training courses
Can’t find the course you want?
Training room hire
You can hire our IT Training rooms on the Dunedin campus. They are available on a half-day basis for IT-related conferences or workshops.
- Please contact the IT Training team to hire a training room
- Training room specifications (.pdf, 187KB)
- We are located in the Information Technology Services Building (over the River Leith)
- Map to Training rooms (.pdf, 259KB)
Online self-study and other information
FREE GoSkills.com online training: Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop
- Access from any computer, tablet or mobile device with an Internet connection.
- Go to www.goskills.com/coupon and enter code OU2015. Then sign up or log in to your account.
- The email address for your account must end in @otago.ac.nz
- Available until the end of 2015
All online courses
Newsletter and Mailing Lists
Subscribe to our lists to get emails about upcoming training courses.