Kia ora, welcome to Corporate Records Services.
Our team supports staff to manage University information in keeping with University and government legislative requirements (Public Records Act 2005, Privacy Act 2020, Official Information Act 1982).
We offer these services:
- Guidance and advice about good information management practices that align with the Public Records Act (2005) and University policies, guidelines and codes of practice
- Appraisal of information and records to identify content that the University is legally required to keep or securely destroy
- Training and support for information management best practice
- Advice about compliant digitisation of paper records
- Management and secure storage of the University's inactive paper public records
- Request an information assessment
- What information needs to be kept and for how long (Universities Disposal Authority)
- How to manage routine business information (PDF)
- How to transfer your paper records to Corporate Records Services' secure storage facility
- OURDrive - the University's Document Management System
- How to compliantly digitise paper public records
- Key information management policies and legislation
- Contact Us
This short video provides an overview of the University's information and records management requirements. This includes the types of records the University is required to keep, the governing policies and guidance on good information management practice.