Honorary Senior Research FellowMSc, PhD
- Bayesian methods
- Causal inference
- Population health: measurement and dynamics
- Institutional Performance
- 2006 [HRC] Equity, variation and convergence in surgeons' clinical judgements of priority
- 2006 [HRC] Improving Performance in New Zealand Health Care: Hospital Outcomes
- 2006 [Statistics New Zealand] Improved Methodology for Constructing, Evaluating and Analysing synthetic datasets.
- 2005 [Statistics New Zealand] Model-Based Synthetic Data-files
- 2005 [CMRF] Cytomegalovirus, Epstein-Barr virus and risk of breast cancer. $30,128 over 1 year (Principal Investigator: A. Richardson)
- 2004 [University of Otago] Hierarchical Bayesian Approaches to Smoothing and Confidentialising Census and Survey Data
- 2003 [HRC] Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery - evaluation of the validity of the prioritisation score and the impact of waiting. (Co-Principal Investigators: Mary Seddon and Rod Jackson)
- The mental health of Pacific people and their use of health services and practice for seeking help.
[PhD, in progress] Jesse Kokaua
(Co-supervisors: Elisabeth Wells and Richie Poulton)
Drinking-water quality and gastrointestinal disease in New Zealand.
Andrew Ball, [PhD] 2010
(Co-supervisor: Cheryl Brunton )
Parametric potential outcome survival models for causal inference.
Gong, Zhaojing [PhD] 2008
(Primary supervisor with Mike Steel [Canty U] Irene Hudson [U SAust] as co-supervisors)
Darlow, B. A., Graham, P. J., & Rojas-Reyes, M. X. (2016). Vitamin A supplementation to prevent mortality and short- and long-term morbidity in very low birth weight infants (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 8, CD000501. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD000501.pub4
Graham, P. (2015). [Review of the book Bayesian methods in health economics]. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Statistics, 57(3), 431-433. doi: 10.1111/anzs.12122
Davis, P., Milne, B., Parker, K., Hider, P., Lay-Yee, R., Cumming, J., & Graham, P. (2013). Efficiency, effectiveness, equity (E3): Evaluating hospital performance in three dimensions. Health Policy, 112(1-2), 19-27. doi: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2013.02.008
Graham, P., Martin, G., Fraser, J., Cumming, J., Williams, H., Davidson, A., … Roake, J., & van Rij, A. (2012). Equity of access and variation in general surgeons' clinical judgements of patient priority. International Journal of Person Centered Medicine, 2(4), 883-898. doi: 10.5750/ijpcm.v2i4.298
Graham, P., Hider, P., Cumming, J., Raymont, A., & Finlayson, M. (2012). Variation in New Zealand hospital outcomes: Combining hierarchical Bayesian modeling and propensity score methods for hospital performance comparisons. Health Services & Outcomes Research Methodology, 12(1), 1-28. doi: 10.1007/s10742-012-0079-9