Supervised individual research on a topic in Social Work.
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year
Full Year (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,442.12|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- 126 300-level SOWK or SOWX points
- SOWK 590, SOWX 490
- Limited to
- BSW(Hons), MA
- Bachelor of Social Work students are invited to apply based on their third-year grades.
- More information link
View more information on the Social and Community Work programme website
- Teaching staff
Course Co-ordinator: Associate Professor Emily Keddell
- Teaching Arrangements
The Distance Learning offering of this paper is a combination of remote and in-person teaching.
Teaching is through a series of seminars, plus individual supervision.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of the paper students will display an in-depth knowledge of a selected area of research, competent research and analytical skills, and the ability to complete a large written piece of work.