2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
This paper involves guiding students through a literature review on a topic of their own choice.
|Paper title||Literature Review|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,101.55|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,026.17|
- Teaching staff
- To be advised.
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught through lectures.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- A key outcome of a university education is learning how to think. This course teaches students how to think by presenting a structured philosophical framework for critically analysing the theoretical arguments of others, as well as developing and defending one's own arguments. Critical analysis skills are not only essential for a research career, but are also important in a management career, a professional career (especially management consulting), and even ordinary life. Indeed, the applications of a proper university education are limitless. Being able to think critically equips one with the means to improve the quality of one's own work, as well as the work of colleagues.