The University of Otago institution-wide Microsoft Campus Agreement (MCA) licences staff to use Microsoft Office software and Windows upgrades on University-owned computers, regardless of where these computers are located.
On this page you will find information about software covered by the Microsoft Campus Agreement including:
Licence and usage terms for software that is covered by the Microsoft Campus Agreement
The Microsoft Campus Agreement allows staff to access and use:
- Microsoft Office (both Standard and Professional)
- Microsoft Windows Upgrades
- Microsoft server products
All software licenced under the Microsoft Campus Agreement is renewed annually. The licence for this software expires annually on 31 January.
Microsoft products that are not covered by the Microsoft Campus Agreement can be purchased under the existing Microsoft Open Licence Agreement.
- University staff can upgrade to a newer version of Microsoft Windows where they can provide proof of a valid Microsoft Windows licence.
- Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for more information about Windows Upgrades covered by the Microsoft Campus Agreement.
Installation of Windows on Mac OS computers
- University staff can install Microsoft Windows on a department’s Intel Mac OS computer where proof of the computer’s purchase can be provided to the Site Licence Office.
- Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for more information about the installation of Windows under the Microsoft Campus Agreement.
Work at home
Staff have two options for using Microsoft Office at home:
- staff can use Microsoft Office on their home computer for work-related purposes while employed by the University by completing the Staff MCA Office Work At Home Request Form (PDF).
- staff can also use Microsoft Office for work and personal use. Please see the Microsoft Home User Programme webpage for more information.
Staff must remove the software from their home computer when they cease employment with the University of Otago.
Prices for software covered by the Microsoft Campus Agreement
- The cost is $0. The Microsoft Campus Agreement applies University-wide and it is centrally funded. Departments do not need to budget for the cost for software applications covered by the Agreement.
- The cost is $0 for staff to use Microsoft Office (Office Pro Plus 2016, Office Pro 2013, Office for Mac 2016, and Office for Mac 2011) for work-related purposes or personal use. Complete the Staff MCA Office Work At Home Request Form (PDF).
Ordering software covered by the Microsoft Campus Agreement through ITS
- Email the University of Otago Procurement and Licensing Office: email@example.com to order software covered by the Microsoft Campus Agreement.
- To order Microsoft software covered by the Microsoft Campus Agreement for use on your home computer, please complete the Staff MCA Office Work at Home Request Form (PDF).
Do you have a question? Please visit the AskOtago Service Portal for more information about software covered by the Microsoft Campus Agreement.