Contribution to an approved theatrical project or the creation of an individual theatrical project.
This paper offers students the exciting challenge of developing and working on their own self-directed, practical research project or projects.
|Paper title||Directed Project in Theatre|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 2 (On campus)
Full Year (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,348.60|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,801.79|
- 72 300-level THEA points
- (i) Admission by application to the programme co-ordinator by 1 February 2021. (ii) With approval from the Programme Co-ordinator, the normal prerequisite may be waived for students with an equivalent level of knowledge. To do this, apply for Special Permission at the Review and Submit stage of your application.
- Admission by application to the Head of the Theatre Studies Programme by 1 February
This paper can be taken as a single-semester or full-year paper.All projects must be approved by the Head of Theatre Studies and the Fourth-Year Co-ordinator.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Prospective candidates should contact the Head of Theatre Studies. Each candidate will be allocated one or, in some instances, two supervisors.
- Paper Structure
- Students are assessed on the basis of a combination of critical writing (typically an exegetical report) and practice-led research. Assessments will be tailored around individual projects.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Teaching arrangements will be tailored around individual projects.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Acquire high-level critical reading, writing and research skills
- Develop independence and self-management at a high level