This paper aims to expand knowledge of selected areas in neurobiology, while developing skills appropriate for scientific research. ANAT 454 comprises three modules. Each discusses a specific research area and will emphasise different core skills:
- Extract key information from a scientific paper and concisely summarise it
- Critique of scientific literature via oral presentation
- Design of experiments and interpretation of experimental data
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,590.98|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,842.50|
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- Anatomy Office
Room 231, 2nd Floor
Lindo Ferguson Building (LFB)
Tel 479 7362
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Anatomy's website
- Teaching staff
- 2018 teaching staff to be confirmed. Please contact the Department for more information.
- Teaching Arrangements
- All teaching is undertaken on campus.
- There are no textbooks for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Critical thinking,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes..
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Have an in-depth knowledge of selected areas of research interest
- Be able to critically analyse scientific literature
- Have enhanced knowledge of experimental procedures relevant to the research topic
- Have experience in compiling information and formatting a research proposal
- Have experience in oral presentation