Conducting a review; modern epidemiologic concepts and methods; critical appraisal; epidemiological study design; descriptive epidemiology; sampling and measurement; epidemiological analysis; inferential statistics; regression analysis.
|Paper title||Occupational Medicine Epidemiology and Biostatistics|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,746.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,490.00|
- Limited to
- MOccMed, MAvMed, MHealSc (Endorsed)
- More information link
- View more information on the University of Otago, Wellington website
- Teaching staff
- Mark Newson-Smith
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will develop skills in
- The use of research techniques
- Critical appraisal
- Biostatistical analysis
- The use of statstical software