A single-semester paper representing half of GEOG 490 (normally taken by approved students in the second semester and again in the first semester of the following year).
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,922.75|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$8,034.00|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), BAppSc, BSc(Hons), PGDipArts, PGDipSci
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Co-ordinator: Dr Ralf Ohlemuller
Each student will be supervised by the member of staff most relevant to the proposed area of research.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Postgraduate seminars run by the Department of Geography, and relevant to the research process, are designed with GEOG 491 students in mind. Your attendance at these seminars is compulsory.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Environmental
literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students initiate an independently driven research project. Research is undertaken with a specific sub-discipline of geography/environmental management, supervised and advised by one or more academic staff members. Students who complete this paper will have learned the skills they need to complete the second research-focused year of the programme.