A single-semester paper representing half of STAT 490 (normally taken by approved students in the second semester and again in the first semester of the following year).
All you need to get started is approval for your topic and a staff member who is willing to supervise you. If you have no clear topic in mind, ask staff members for suggestions; it is useful to make enquiries towards the end of your 300-level year. The range of potential topics is very broad: the main criterion is that there must be sufficient statistical content at an appropriate level and that you produce a coherent report.
|Points||40 points 40 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,098.05|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,352.87|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), BSc(Hons), MSc, PGDipApStat, PGDipArts, PGDipSci, MA
- More information link
- View more information for STAT 491
- Teaching staff
- Various staff.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Develop the ability to conduct independent research and to work with a supervisor
- Prepare written work in a timely manner
- Give oral presentations
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.