430 students each year conduct an experiment in structural Geology and put the results up on this website:
Advanced structural geology, including microstructural, experimental, modelling and field (geology and geophysics) approaches to address geometry, kinematics and dynamics. Application of structural and other data to understanding large-scale tectonics.
|Paper title||Structural Geology and Tectonics|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,256.92|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,151.03|
- Not all 400-level GEOL papers will be available in any one year. Decisions will be based on enrolment numbers and will be discussed with students at the start of the academic year.
- Teaching staff
- Professor David Prior
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Communication, Critical thinking, Environmental literacy,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will gain advanced knowledge of structural geology, including microstructural, experimental, modelling and field approaches to address geometry, kinematics and dynamics.