- Offering strategic advice, with the assistance of the Divisional Research Committee, on the enhancement of research culture and productivity to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Humanities
- Supporting research activities of academic staff in the Division with the assistance of the Research Advisor Humanities
- At the University level, representing the Division in various processes of research-related decision making.
- Advancing the values and aspirations of Māori within the Division of Humanities,
- Developing the value of their knowledge, pedagogies and epistemologies within the core business of the Division, and
- Assisting Humanities departments implement the Māori Strategic Framework.
- provide advice on implementation of Pacific Strategic Framework goals
- to support the development of our Pacific staff
- and to foster awareness of postgraduate and staff research that extends and deepens Pacific knowledge.
- Financial and physical resources
- General staff HR
- PBRF and research policy and procedures
- Providing support and advice to Departments regarding resourcing and compliance issues
- Assisting the Associate Dean Academic with issues relating to academic processes, proposals and regulatory matters
- Advising and helping academic staff with the preparation of academic proposals
- Being the administrator for the Academic Committee
- Processing admission applications for BA(Hons), PGDipArts and MA programmes
- Providing course advice to students, especially about double degrees and course study plans.
- Providing course advice and problem solving for staff and undergraduate students on qualifications and academic requirements
- Assessing and granting academic credits including transfer and exchange credit
- Advising, liaising and administering all aspects of the Student Exchange Learning Agreements as the Humanities Divisional representative for the student exchange programme
- Providing advice and administration for the Research and Study Leave process for academic staff
- Servicing the Humanities Divisional Board meetings.
- Liaising with academic departments and student services
- Working alongside the Humanities’ Associate Dean (Māori) to advance Māori development within the Division.
- Liaising with academic departments and support services with any issues or concerns relating to students and their course of study
- Helping to facilitate access to pastoral care, student services and course advice within the university
- Assisting with Human Resources processes such as annual performance reviews and Chair appointments
- Acting as secretary for Heads of Department meetings, the Divisional Research Committee, the Māori and Pacific Islands Advisory Board and other working groups.
- Assisting Humanities departments with marketing planning including advertising and promotions planning, and supporting new initiatives
- Liaising between the University’s central Marketing and Communications Division and Humanities departments
- Co-ordination of information for University publications including the undergraduate prospectus and He Kitenga (research publication)
- Co-ordination, advice and assistance for Humanities departments on events, promotions, web activities, advertising (including digital), publications, fliers and posters, public relations, media stories and profiles
- Participation in University and Divisional promotional events including Careers Expos
- Advice on University branding and logo use
- Marketing planning for the College of Education
- Developing marketing materials and marketing activities for the College of Education
- Participating in promotional events including Careers Expos
- Supporting the Divisional Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator with marketing activities for the Division
- Providing course advice to prospective and current students
- Updating and maintaining the Divisional office website and the Otago Fellows website
- Working in collaboration with Web Services to help departments, research centres and research groups with the development and maintenance of their websites
- Helping departments create and update information sheets, posters and other promotional material
- Collaborating with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator for marketing, communications and promotional activities.
- Processing accounts
- Administration for the Performing Arts Fund
- Providing administrative support for the Postgraduate Conference Fund
- Assisting the Academic Manager with admission applications for BA(Hons), PGDipArts and MA programmes
- Assisting the Web Coordinator and Marketing Administrator with the checking and uploading of Humanities podcasts to the University website and with updates to the Division of Humanities website.
Main duties: Executive and academic leadership of the Division of Humanities.
Main duties: Admission to postgraduate study programmes; advice to academic staff and postgraduate students about postgraduate programmes.
Main duties: Admission to undergraduate study programmes; advice to academic staff and undergraduate students about undergraduate programmes.
Responsible for offering strategic advice and support on the enhancement of research culture and productivity in the Division of Humanities.
Tēnei te Manupiki Māori ka mihi.
Tēnei hoki ka whai kia whanake te whaitake me te aronga ki ngā uaratanga iwi, kaupapa Māori.
This role has three major platforms:
Anaru Eketone, Associate Dean Māori – Manupiki Māori
The Associate Dean Pacific provides academic leadership in Pacific development in the Division of Humanities, and works with Heads of Department, departmental Pacific Islands Support staff and staff who provide leadership in Pacific research.
The key aims of the role are to:
Dr Schaaf is Acting Associate Dean Pacific until February 2018, while Dr Patrick Vakaoti is on research and study leave.
The Associate Dean International provides support and advice to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Heads of Department and academic staff on international academic developments, with the aim of developing and growing international connections and collaborations by ensuring the Division is using its international networks and relationships well.
Responsible for providing oversight of administration within the Division.
Support includes the following areas:
. . . and answering any questions.
Responsible for assisting with issues relating to academic processes, proposals and regulations.
Responsible for providing course advice about qualifications to staff and undergraduate students, for advice and administration for student exchange programmes, and for advice on Research and Study Leave for academic staff.
For Humanities Research and Study Leave enquires email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kaiāwhina Māori supports Māori students within Te Kete Aronui (Humanities).
The Pacific Islands Students’ Support Officer is the first point of contact for Pacific Island students.
Responsible for executive assistance to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor.
Responsible for strategic planning and implementation of internal and external marketing and communications for the Division.
. . . anything else advertising, marketing and promotions related.
The Marketing and Information Officer supports marketing in the Division, with particular responsibility for College of Education programmes.
She also supports the Division's Academic Manager and Course Advisor with student course advising.
The Web Coordinator and Marketing Administrator is the first point of contact in the Division for questions and help about websites and information sheets.
Responsible for providing clerical and administrative assistance for the Divisional office.