Apply for the Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health (PGCertPH)Apply Now
- Apply for the Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health (PGCertPH) through the Christchurch campus in 2018
- Apply for the Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health (PGCertPH) through the Dunedin campus in 2018
- Apply for the Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health (PGCertPH) through the Wellington campus in 2018
The Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health (PGCertPH) is a perfect place to start postgraduate study. Some students, particularly those already working in the health sector, may wish to obtain a postgraduate qualification in public health, but do not wish to undertake a diploma or master's qualification. The Postgraduate Certificate provides such students with an appropriate qualification.
The structure of the programme allows you to undertake specific endorsed areas of study to complement your areas of interest or work expertise.
You are able to use the PGCertPH as a stand-alone qualification, but equally you can use the papers completed for the PGCertPH to progress to the Diploma in Public Health (DPH).
|Points required||60 points (4 public health papers)|
|Duration||Six months full-time |
One year part-time
|Start date||February, April, July, or September|
|Prerequisite||Candidates would normally be required to have an undergraduate degree (in any discipline) with at least a B average|
|Structure||15 point papers taught in half semester terms (4 terms per year)|
|Public Policy and Health|
|Health Systems and Services|
When you’re ready, click the ‘Apply Now’ button in the top right hand corner of the webpage for the programme you wish to enrol in. This takes you to eVision where you will create your 'student portal'. Your eVision portal will be your one-stop shop for study-related information. Using eVision you can apply to study, access all important study-related information, examination results, and maintain your personal information. eVision is accessible anytime, anywhere using the internet and mobile devices.
- Information on the enrolment process (University of Otago)
- General information regarding fees (University of Otago)
- Christchurch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dunedin: email@example.com
- Wellington: firstname.lastname@example.org