Welcome to the Public Health Summer School
THE 2014 PUBLIC HEALTH SUMMER SCHOOL IS NOW CLOSED.
Thank you to the hundreds of participants that made the 2014 Summer School such a success. Thanks also for the suggestions for courses you would like to see added to next year’s summer school. We look forward to bringing you details later this year.
- Courses available in 2014
- Upcoming events
- About the Public Health Summer School
- Who is it for?
- What do Public Health Summer School courses cost?
- Maori and Pacific Scholarships
- How to register for the Public Health Summer School
- Frequently asked questions
About the Public Health Summer School
Each year in February the Department of Public Health, University of Otago, Wellington hosts a Summer School offering practical short courses to anyone who wants to develop their public health skills and knowledge.
The Public Health Summer School has been providing this training for 17 years and has grown to become the largest and longest running summer school in the Southern Hemisphere.
Who is it for?
These short courses are ideally suited for those working in:
- public health services
- primary care organisations
- district health boards
- government departments
- non-governmental organisations
- local authorities
Or also for:
- anyone who requires an understanding of public health concepts in their work
- anyone considering postgraduate studies in the public health area