|Category||Administration and Management|
|Approved by||Council, 16 December 1993|
|Date Policy Took Effect||1 January 1994|
|Last approved revision||6 November 2014|
|Sponsor||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)|
|Responsible officer||Senior Analyst, Research and Policy|
This policy sets out the University’s obligations given its commitment to the principle of equal educational opportunities.
This Policy applies University-wide.
- The University of Otago is committed to the principle of equal educational opportunities for all persons regardless of race, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or ethical beliefs.
- Consistent with this principle, the University will act:
- To identify and eliminate all aspects of policies, procedures and other institutional barriers that cause or perpetuate, or tend to cause or perpetuate, inequality in respect of the educational opportunities of any person or group of persons.
- To ensure greater participation and representation of Māori as students of the University.
- To ensure greater participation and representation of ethnic or minority groups as students of the University.
- To promote equal educational opportunities as an integral part of University policies and practices.
- To monitor, review and evaluate progress towards achieving equal educational opportunities.
Related policies, procedures and forms
Contact for further information
If you have any queries regarding the content of this policy or need further clarification, contact:
Senior Analyst, Research and Policy