Occupational mental health; mental illness and employment; psychological assessment; alcohol and other drugs; shift work and fatigue; occupational accidents; hazard control and safety; manual handling, ergonomics and occupational overuse injury; thermal stress.
|Paper title||Health, Work and Behaviour|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020, expected to be offered in 2021|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,857.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,363.00|
- Limited to
- MOccMed, MAvMed, MHealSc, PGCertOccMed, PGDipHealSc, PGDipOccMed
Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine or occupational medicine industry.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Director: Dr Rob Griffiths
- Paper Structure
- Core paper for the Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Occupational Medicine (MHealthSc(OccMed))
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught in odd years in the first semester. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules are
- Occupational Epidemiology
- Occupational Biostatistics and Critical Appraisal
- Accidents and Hazard and Work
- Occupational Rehabilitation
- Occupational Mental Health and Sickness Absence
- Ergonomics and Occupational Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Heat and Cold
- Occupational Toxicology
- Occupational Health Hazards to Other Systems