Dr Struan Clark
- +64 27 525 8766
- Director, Postgraduate Diploma in General Practice
- Department of General Practice and Rural Health (Dunedin)
- MB ChB MRCGP(UK) FRNZCGP(Dist) FDRHMNZ PGDipGP DipObst
I work in the Department of General Practice and Rural health for 4 sessions per week.
I co-convene 3 papers as part of the Post Graduate Diploma in General Practice:
- GENA820 Nature of Medical Practice
- GENA822 Advanced Nature of Medical Practice
- GENA823 Teaching and Learning in Medical Practice
These papers reflect my more academic interests; complex interactions in general practice, community mental health, palliative care in the community, models of practice organisation and the wellbeing of doctors and their families.
- RNZCGP 2012 GPEP curriculum review committee
- RNZCGP fellowship/curriculum advisory panel
Having spent 21 years in isolated rural medical practice, I now practice 6 sessions/week at Broadway Medical Centre in Dunedin. My interest is excellent generalism in medical care, as the most effective healthcare at an individual and population level.
- Journal of the New Zealand Medical Association, 26-August-2011, Vol 124 No 1341. Letter to the Editor; From Burnout to Resilience; a GP perspective. http://journal.nzma.org.nz/journal/124-1341/4850/
- New Zealand Family Physician Volume 25, Issue 2 1998. GPs encouraged to offer early thrombolysis.