- Close date
- No date set
- Academic background
- Health Sciences
- Host campus
- Master's, PhD
The Department of Nursing is involved in a broad range of research activities relating to health professional education.
Collaborations with other tertiary institutions and health services have resulted in projects focusing on innovation and evaluation of teaching and learning that has the potential to enhance the performance of health practitioners.
Within this research theme we have projects available for postgraduate students and research collaborators. We can also accommodate keen students with their own area of interest within this theme.
The research team have ongoing research projects and experience in a variety of qualitative, quantitative and mixed methodologies.
Potential research topics
- Technology enhanced learning and teaching
- Clinical simulation
- Inter-professional education
- Graduate-entry nursing education
- Education programmes and competencies
- Scopes of practice (e.g. RN, NP, Designated Nurse Prescriber)
- Competence assessment
- Work integrated learning
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Clinical education
- Quality improvement in education (e.g. benchmarking)
- Communication in healthcare
- Reviews and evaluations of health education
- Education modalities
Names of supervisors
- Profesor Philippa Seaton
- Dr Virginia Jones
- Dr Raewyn Lesa
- Dr Chris Moir
- Dr Henrietta Trip
- Dr Mandy Wilkinson
- Jo Borren