Research MidwifeRCompN RM
Di has been a Registered Comprehensive nurse since 1983 and a Registered Midwife since 1998.
She is passionate about midwifery and the health of mothers and babies, and has worked in a variety of settings and roles including lead maternity carer, core midwife, midwifery educator in quality improvements, and has been the Canterbury Perinatal Mortality Review coordinator since 2010.
Di has a Post graduate Diploma in Midwifery from Otago University (2015), and has been employed by Otago University since 2010 as research midwife, currently work 0.5FTE co-ordinating multi-centred clinical trials which include:
- APTS Australian Placental Transfusion Study (Sydney)
- MAGENTA Magnesium Sulphate at 30 to 34 weeks gestational age: Neuroprotection (Adelaide)
- MAGNUM MRI investigation at term for MAGENTA recruits (Auckland)
- STRIDER A randomised controlled trial of sildenafil therapy in dismal prognosis early onset intrauterine growth restriction (Auckland)
- TARGET Optimal Glycaemic targets for Gestational Diabetes (Auckland)
- RSV vaccine in pregnancy study: "Does Respiratory Syncytial Virus vaccine in pregnancy protect babies against lung disease?" (USA)
- MBM My Baby Movements Trial (Brisbane)