Research FellowBSc(Hons)(Psychology)(Liverpool John Moores) PhD(Psychology)(Otago)
Janet is the Principal Investigator of a CHDS sub-study funded by the Canterbury Medical Research Foundation (CMRF): 'Trajectories of depression to middle adulthood in a 40 year birth cohort'. This research aims to improve service delivery for New Zealanders experiencing depression by investigating:
- changes in depressive symptoms from adolescence to age 40
- childhood predictors of depression
- outcomes of depression at age 40
Janet previously studied the health and wellbeing of the lesbian, gay and bisexual members of the CHDS cohort; and also hoarding, personality and mood disorders with another Christchurch-based team, the Canterbury Health Ageing and Lifecourse (CHALICE) study.
- Janet talks to Radio NZ about our findings: Gay, lesbian and bisexual people twice as likely to report depression
- Watch Janet's 1NEWS interview about pathological hoarding in the over 50s as part of her work with the CHALICE study: Exclusive: Pathological hoarding grips up to 35,000 Kiwis