Terms of Reference
- To review proposed and existing international agreements and make recommendations to senate regarding their approval or continuance.
- To provide oversight of academic and compliance aspects of incoming and outgoing student exchanges
- To provide a mechanism for the co-ordination and exchange of information regarding internationalisation across the Divisions and Departments of the University.
- To assist in the identification of best practices in internationalisation in universities in New Zealand and abroad.
- To provide a forum for ongoing inter-Divisional consideration and discussion of strategic matters relating to internationalisation.
- To submit discussion documents and provide advice to Senate on important issues relating to internationalisation.
- To report annually to Senate on progress in the international activities of the University.
- To encourage applications for internally funded grants for the promotion of internationalisation.
|Composition of the Board||Expiry date (if applicable)|
|Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement) (Convener)||Ex-officio|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Commerce||Ex-officio|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Health Sciences||Ex-officio|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Humanities||Ex-officio|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Sciences||Ex-officio|
|Director, International, Co-opted 31 July 2019|
|International Students Officer, OUSA, Co-opted 31 July 2019|
The Committee has the power to co-opt up to two additional members.
Committee Secretary, Internationalisation Committee, Lynda McIver (firstname.lastname@example.org; ext 8345)
Manager, International Student Services
Manager, International Marketing and Recruitment
Representative, Graduate Research School
Representative, Campus and Collegiate Life Services Division
Co-ordinator, International Partnerships
Senior Strategy and Policy Advisor, External Engagement
The meetings are held from 2 - 4pm in Committee Room North, 1st floor, Clocktower Building.
Meetings for 2019
- 11 March
- 6 May
- 10 June
- 5 August
- 7 October
- 18 November