Terms of Reference
- To review proposed and existing international agreements and make recommendations to senate regarding their approval or continuance.
- To provide oversight of academic and compliance aspects of incoming and outgoing student exchanges
- To provide a mechanism for the co-ordination and exchange of information regarding internationalisation across the Divisions and Departments of the University.
- To assist in the identification of best practices in internationalisation in universities in New Zealand and abroad.
- To provide a forum for ongoing inter-Divisional consideration and discussion of strategic matters relating to internationalisation.
- To submit discussion documents and provide advice to Senate on important issues relating to internationalisation.
- To report annually to Senate on progress in the international activities of the University.
- To encourage applications for internally funded grants for the promotion of internationalisation.
|Composition of the Board||Expiry date (if applicable)|
|Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement) (Convener)||Ex-officio|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Commerce||Ex-officio|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Health Sciences||Ex-officio|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Humanities||Ex-officio|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Sciences||Ex-officio|
|Director, International, Co-opted 31 July 2019|
|International Students Officer, OUSA, Co-opted 31 July 2019|
The Committee has the power to co-opt up to two additional members.
- Committee Secretary, Internationalisation Committee, Lynda McIver (email@example.com; ext 8345)
- Director, Pacific Development
- Manager, International Student Services
- Manager, International Marketing and Recruitment
- Representative, Graduate Research School
- Representative, Campus and Collegiate Life Services Division
- Co-ordinator, International Partnerships
- Senior Strategy and Policy Advisor, External Engagement
Meetings for 2022
Meetings are held from 2–4pm in the Council Chamber, 1st floor, Clocktower Building.
- 7 March
- 9 May
- 13 June
- 8 August
- 10 October
- 14 November