The Quality Advancement Committee is a committee of Senate. The Committee acts as a forum for the discussion and promotion of developments in quality assurance and quality enhancement, whether internally driven or externally indicated.
Terms of Reference
- To consult with staff, students and other interested parties to raise the awareness of the significance of quality processes throughout the University.
- To identify key elements that should form part of the University’s quality framework and oversee and monitor developments in relation to this.
- To advise on improving communication channels on quality and foster networking and benchmarking.
- To monitor the implementation of quality improvement programmes such as the internal reviews programme, and core institutional surveys, and to disburse, administer and report on University funds used for the Improvement Initiatives programme.
- To contribute to the University’s preparations for external Academic Quality Agency (AQA) academic audits and to provide advice, input and support in relation to this.
- To consider and comment on the University’s academic audit reports, follow-up reports and the processes put in place for monitoring the implementation of academic audit outcomes.
- To undertake critical reflection on the philosophy and the procedures of the quality process.
- To identify examples of good practice to communicate within the University and any issues for further consideration by the Vice-Chancellor, Senate or other University committees, arising from the terms of reference above.
Meetings held up to five times a year.
Director, International Mr Jason Cushen Ex-officio
|Composition||Member||Expiry date (if applicable)|
|Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) (Convener)||Professor Pat Cragg||Ex-officio|
|Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research & Enterprise) or nominee||Professor Richard Blaikie||Ex-officio|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Commerce||Associate Professor Leah Watkins||31 December 2021|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Health Sciences||Associate Professor Stephanie Woodley||31 December 2022|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Humanities||Professor Shelley Griffiths||31 December 2021|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Sciences||Professor Janice Murray||31 December 2021|
|Director, International||Mr Jason Cushen||Ex-officio|
|Director, Student and Academic Services||Ms Karyn Thomson||Ex-officio|
|Head, Student Experience||Ms Jo Gibson||Ex-officio|
Two members appointed by Senate
|Associate Professor Jackie Hunter||31 December 2022|
|Dr Lynn McBain||31 December 2022|
|Director (or nominee), Planning and Funding||Mr Kevin Maley||31 December 2021|
|Head (or nominee), Higher Education Development Centre||Associate Professor Clinton Golding||31 December 2021|
|Dean, School of Graduate Research||
Professor Rachel Spronken-Smith
|Director, Quality Advancement||Ms Margaret Morgan||Ex-officio|
|OUSA representative||Mr Michael Evan||
31 December 2021
Associate Professor Tim Cooper
|Committee Secretary||Carol Forbes (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
The Board has the power to co-opt as required.
Meetings dates for 2021
|QAC meeting dates (Tuesdays at 2:00pm)||Deadline for Submission|
|2 March||22 February|
|4 May||26 April|
|3 August||26 July|
|2 November||25 October|