Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
An introduction to the general law of contract, including property and insolvency.
|Paper title||Business Law Relating to Obligations|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$887.55|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- BLAW 211
- ACTB 202, BLAW 202
- Schedule C
- May not be taken concurrently with or after having passed LAWS202.
- Teaching staff
- Teaching Arrangements
This paper is taught via lectures and tutorials.
- Hubbard, Thomas and Varnham (2013) Principles of Law for New Zealand Business Students 5th ed. Pearson, Auckland.
- Course outline
- View the course outline for BLAW 212
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the fundamentals of law of contract
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of consumer law
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the fundamentals of the law of torts
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of insolvency law