Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
An extension of the communicative approach seeking to develop linguistic skills appropriate to students’ future career and social needs.
Are you willing to develop your linguistic skills in French to a high level of communication? This advanced French language paper will certainly boost your future career and social needs.
|Paper title||Advanced French 3|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$929.55|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- One of FREN 221, FREN 311, FREN 331, FREN 334
- FREN 321, FREN 332, FREN 336
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Suitable for students with good French language skills.
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- Switching through imitation and adaptation from original to pastiche and parody, students will "rewrite" source French texts of their choice, analysing the core linguistic and stylistic complexity of their rewritings.
Le Petit Robert (any edition).
Le nouveau Bescherelle: l'art de conjuger (any edition).
Bescherelle: French verbs (any edition).
Maurice Grevisse. Le Bon Usage (any edition).
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will develop
- A high level of writing skills in French, through pastiche and parody exercises
- A high level of oral communication skills, useful not only in everyday situations, but also in a more specific (cultural or scientific) environment
- A high level of self-motivation through major written projects in French