Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
An analysis of a particular historiographical area of the student’s choosing and its problems. To be presented in the form of a scholarly article.
A historiographical project of the student's own choice (subject to the availability of adequate secondary sources and supervision). The project will be undertaken largely independently, will assess the historiography relating to a specific topic, and will be presented in the form of a scholarly article. Each student is individually supervised.
|Paper title||Special Study|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,154.90|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,801.79|
- Pre or Corequisite
- 48 300-level HIST points
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), PGDipArts
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Course materials will be made available electronically.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Communication, Critical thinking.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Gain proficiency in written and oral communication skills
- Cultivate critical thinking, verbal communication and writing skills