Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
This paper is required for students enrolled in the MSc in Marine Science. It involves a year-long field- or lab-based independent research project, culminating in a major thesis proposal. Admission to the programme is contingent on having a supervisor and an approved research project.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (25 February 2022 - 15 December 2022) (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,220.68|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- Carried out over 9 to 10 months, involving an average of 12 to 13 hours of work per week.
- Teaching staff
Fourth-Year Co-ordinators: Professor Abby Smith
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will have gained significant knowledge and experience in undertaking individual research.