Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
A supervised research dissertation of up to 20,000 words on an approved topic.
|Paper title||Research Dissertation|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (26 February 2021 - 25 February 2022)
2nd Non standard period (5 July 2021 - 26 June 2022) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,139.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,356.00|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
For successful completion of this paper
- Students will produce an extended dissertation of 20,000 words at a high standard of presentation
- Students will be able to undertake research independently
- Students undertaking the dissertation need not necessarily produce new and original research, but must be able to complete a competent, independent survey of the relevant written material, composed in the student's own words, with appropriate references and bibliography
- Students should be able to produce a dissertation that is scholarly in tone and well-structured, including an introduction, review of literature, outline of methodology and appropriate use of appendices and bibliography
- Where relevant, students will be able to undertake ethics approval and conduct interviews, etc, in the appropriate manner