The nature and purpose of auditing, and the regulatory and professional environment in which it operates. Meets the requirement for the CA Programme Audit and Assurance technical module.
|Paper title||Auditing Practice|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,079.88|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,786.79|
- ACTP 311, ACTP 301
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Phil Sinclair
- Paper Structure
- The MProfAcct consists of coursework plus an applied research component, to be taken in three full-time semesters plus a summer break.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures, tutorials and directed reading.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
- View the course outline for ACTP 411
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The Master of Professional Accounting has been developed to provide graduates with an opportunity to specialise in advanced study with a focus on either applied practical or academic research. The ten listed papers are all at Level 8 (NZQA) and 20 points, totalling 200 points, and all are compulsory. The project is 40 points, at Level 9 (NZQA).