Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Aeromedical risk management; medication in flying; otolaryngology; ophthalmology; neurology and neurosurgery; psychiatry; respiratory medicine and aviation; cardiology; general medical conditions and fitness to fly.
|Paper title||Clinical Aviation Medicine|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2021, expected to be offered in 2022 (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,889.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,674.00|
- Limited to
- MAvMed, MHealSc, PGCertCAvMed, PGDipAvMed, PGDipHealSc
Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, email@example.com.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
Course Director: David Fitzgerald
- Paper Structure
- Core paper for the Postgraduate Certificate in Civil Aviation Medicine (PGCertCivAvMed), Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Aviation Medicine (MHealSc(AvMed))
- Teaching Arrangements
This is a fully distance-taught paper and is taught in even years in the second semester.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules
- Medical certification and risk assessment
- Hazards of medication in flying
- Aviation otolaryngology
- Aviation ophthalmology
- Aviation neurology and neurosurgery
- Aviation psychiatry
- Respiratory medicine and aviation
- Aviation cardiology
- Miscellaneous topics