Occupational noise; lighting and vision; radiation and electrical hazards at work; occupational lung disorders; occupational allergy;; occupational cancer; occupational and environmental toxicology; exposure measurement; occupational diving and compressed air at work.
|Paper title||Clinical Occupational Medicine|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,801.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,869.50|
- Limited to
- MOccMed, MAvMed, MHealSc, PGCertOccMed, PGDipHealSc, PGDipOccMed
Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine or occupational medicine industry
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Director: Mark Newson-Smith
- Paper Structure
- Core paper for the Master of Occupational Medicine (MOccMed), Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Occupational Medicine (MHealthSc(OccMed))
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught in odd years in the second semester. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules
- Occupational Noise
- Lighting and Vision
- Radiation and Electrical Hazards at Work
- Occupational Lung Disorders
- Occupational Allergy, Asthma and Dermatitis
- Occupational Cancer
- Shift Work
- Occupational Hygiene
- Occupational Diving and Compressed Air at Work