Occupational noise; lighting and vision; radiation and electrical hazards at work; occupational lung disorders; occupational allergy;; occupational cancer; occupational and environmental toxicology; exposure measurement; occupational diving and compressed air at work.
|Paper title||Clinical Occupational Medicine|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020, expected to be offered in 2021|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,857.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,363.00|
- Limited to
- MOccMed, MAvMed, MHealSc, PGCertOccMed, PGDipHealSc, PGDipOccMed
Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine or occupational medicine industry.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Director: Mark Newson-Smith
- Paper Structure
- Core paper for the Master of Occupational Medicine (MOccMed), Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Occupational Medicine (MHealthSc(OccMed))
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught in odd years in the second semester. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules
- Occupational Noise
- Lighting and Vision
- Radiation and Electrical Hazards at Work
- Occupational Lung Disorders
- Occupational Allergy, Asthma and Dermatitis
- Occupational Cancer
- Shift Work
- Occupational Hygiene
- Occupational Diving and Compressed Air at Work