The research process from the theories of research epistemologies through generating research ideas and developing a research design.
|Paper title||Research Methodology I|
|Subject||Doctor of Business Administration|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (16 January 2023 - 10 March 2023)
1st Non standard period (16 January 2023 - 10 March 2023) (On campus)
2nd Non standard period (3 July 2023 - 25 August 2023) (Distance learning)
2nd Non standard period (3 July 2023 - 25 August 2023) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,442.12|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- This paper includes a compulsory on-campus component.
- Teaching staff
To be confirmed.
- Paper Structure
- Science and Philosophy of Research
- Research Process
- Research Philosophies
- Generating Research Ideas
- Research Design
- Teaching Arrangements
The Distance Learning offering of this paper is a combination of remote and in-person teaching.
Taught through seminars and online through Blackboard.
- Readings will be made available through Blackboard.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research,
Communication, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will gain:
- A highly developed ability to follow the argument of academic papers published in peer-reviewed journals written for an academic audience and critically appreciate the research methods used to support these arguments.
- A highly developed understanding of a range of methodologies available for conducting research into businesses and organisations, understanding the contexts for which each method is appropriate and its strengths and weaknesses in each case.
- A highly developed ability to identify the different epistemological assumptions that underpin any piece of research and appreciate the value and limitations of these in various applications.