2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
The research process from the theories of research epistemologies through generating research ideas and developing a research design.
|Paper title||Research Methodology I|
|Subject||Doctor of Business Administration|
|Points||20 points 20 points|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (13 January 2020 - 7 March 2020), 1st Non standard period (13 January 2020 - 7 March 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,365.11|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,026.17|
- Limited to
- This paper includes a compulsory on-campus component
- Teaching staff
- To be confirmed
- Paper Structure
- Science and Philosophy of Research
- Research Process
- Research Philosophies
- Generating Research Ideas
- Research Design
- Teaching Arrangements
- Taught through seminars and online through Blackboard
- Readings will be made available through Blackboard.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research,
Communication, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will gain
- A highly developed ability to follow the argument of academic papers published in peer-reviewed journals written for an academic audience and critically appreciate the research methods used to support these arguments
- A highly developed understanding of a range of methodologies available for conducting research into businesses and organisations, understanding the contexts for which each method is appropriate and its strengths and weaknesses in each case
- A highly developed ability to identify the different epistemological assumptions that underpin any piece of research and appreciate the value and limitations of these in various applications