A supervised dissertation of up to 20,000 words presenting the results of an original research project on a relevant topic in the student’s area of interest within bioethics.
|Paper title||MHealSc Dissertation|
|Points||60 points 60 points 60 points|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (21 February 2020 - 18 February 2021), First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,094.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$17,377.50|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Two supervisors from Bioethics
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of issues, arguments, and views relevant to the topic chosen by the student for the dissertation
- Skills relating to the application of ethical reasoning to the chosen topic for the dissertation
- Sensitivity to bioethical and other values (e.g. cultural values) relevant to the topic chosen for the dissertation