A supervised dissertation of up to 20,000 words presenting the results of an original research project on a relevant topic in the student’s area of interest within bioethics.
|Paper title||MHealSc Dissertation|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 2 (On campus)
Full Year (On campus)
1st Non standard period (24 February 2023 - 23 February 2024) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,325.50|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
Two supervisors from Bioethics.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Successful students will gain
- Knowledge of issues, arguments, and views relevant to the topic chosen by the student for the dissertation
- Skills relating to the application of ethical reasoning to the chosen topic for the dissertation
- Sensitivity to bioethical and other values (e.g. cultural values) relevant to the topic chosen for the dissertation