A supervised dissertation of up to 20,000 words presenting the results of an original research project on a relevant topic in the student’s area of interest within bioethics and health law.
|Paper title||MBHL Dissertation|
|Points||60 points 60 points 60 points|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (21 February 2020 - 19 February 2021), 2nd Non standard period (21 February 2020 - 17 June 2020), 3rd Non standard period (6 July 2020 - 11 November 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,275.60|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$13,902.00|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Two supervisors: one from Bioethics and one from Law
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of issues, arguments and views relevant to the topic chosen by the student for the dissertation
- Skills relating to the application of ethical and legal reasoning to the chosen topic for the dissertation
- Sensitivity to bioethical/legal and other values (e.g. cultural values) relevant to the topic chosen for the dissertation