Students work with clients to understand their business and apply course materials to a real business problem. Both the ability to manage the project process and final report are marked.
The BUSI 540 business project is one of the electives and highlights of the Otago MBA programme: a chance to perform on a big stage and gain top-notch networking experience. BUSI 540 is framed as a professional consulting engagement aligned with your career ambition to help you gain access to the right industry, company or professional network.
|Paper title||Professional Consulting Engagement|
|Teaching period(s)||2nd Non standard period (6 March 2023 - 12 June 2023)
2nd Non standard period (6 March 2023 - 12 June 2023) (On campus)
4th Non standard period (12 June 2023 - 18 September 2023) (Distance learning)
4th Non standard period (12 June 2023 - 18 September 2023) (On campus)
6th Non standard period (11 September 2023 - 18 December 2023) (On campus)
6th Non standard period (11 September 2023 - 18 December 2023) (Distance learning)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,423.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- CBUS 540
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the Chinese Language version of the MBA, please see CBUS540
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication,
critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, environmental literacy, information
literacy, research, self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will:
- Demonstrate the ability to add value to a high-profile business
- Accelerate an existing career or make the transition to a new career
- Gain a self-defining experience and accomplishment they will long remember