Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Students work with clients to understand their business and apply course materials to a real business problem. Both the ability to manage the project process and final report are marked.
The BUSI 540 business project is one of the electives and highlights of the Otago MBA programme: a chance to perform on a big stage and gain top-notch networking experience. BUSI 540 is framed as a professional consulting engagement aligned with your career ambition to help you gain access to the right industry, company or professional network.
|Paper title||Professional Consulting Engagement|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (15 February 2021 - 5 July 2021)
1st Non standard period (4 January 2021 - 30 June 2021) (On campus)
2nd Non standard period (31 May 2021 - 18 October 2021) (Distance learning)
2nd Non standard period (1 July 2021 - 17 December 2021) (On campus)
3rd Non standard period (13 September 2021 - 21 February 2022) (Distance learning)
3rd Non standard period (4 January 2021 - 17 December 2021) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,017.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$14,924.50|
- CBUS 540
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the Chinese Language version of the MBA, please see CBUS540
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication,
critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, environmental literacy, information
literacy, research, self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Demonstrate the ability to add value to a high-profile business
- Accelerate an existing career or make the transition to a new career
- Gain a self-defining experience and accomplishment they will long remember