Students work with clients to understand their business and apply course materials to a real business problem. Both the ability to manage the project process and final report are marked.
The BUSI 540 business project is one of the electives and highlights of the Otago MBA programme: a chance to perform on a big stage and gain top-notch networking experience. BUSI 540 is framed as a professional consulting engagement aligned with your career ambition to help you gain access to the right industry, company or professional network.
|Paper title||Professional Consulting Engagement|
|Points||60 points 60 points 60 points|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (1 January 2018 - 30 June 2018), 2nd Non standard period (1 June 2018 - 30 December 2018), 3rd Non standard period (1 January 2018 - 30 December 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$8,573.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,220.00|
- Limited to
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Susan Steer
- Paper Structure
- Teaching Arrangements
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication,
critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, environmental literacy, information
literacy, research, self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Demonstrate the ability to add value to a high-profile business
- Accelerate an existing career or make the transition to a new career
- Gain a self-defining experience and accomplishment they will long remember