CHEM 464 Topics in Advanced Chemistry is a research communication paper that is taken concurrently with CHEM 480 Research Project (PGDipSci) or CHEM 495 Master's Thesis Preparation (MSc, 1st year). It is assessed on the basis of oral and/or written reports covering the research project.
|Paper title||Topics in Advanced Chemistry|
|Points||20 points 20 points 20 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year (18 February 2019 - 9 November 2019), First Semester (18 February 2019 - 21 June 2019), Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,307.76|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,517.77|
- Acceptance into a BSc(Hons), PGDipSci or MSc (2 year) degree
Associate Professor Nigel T. Lucas
Tel 64 3 479 5377
Location: Science II, 3n11
- More information link
- View more information about CHEM 464
- Teaching staff
Course Co-ordinators: Associate Professor Nigel T. Lucas
As CHEM464 is a paper taken by graduate research students, teaching staff will be those academic staff acting as research supervisors.
- Paper Structure
- CHEM 464 applies to PGDipSci/MSc only and involves individual literature study into the topic of the student's research project.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective,Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Critical thinking.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of advanced concepts, theories, applications and current trends in chemistry.