A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
CHEM 490 Research Project is a 60-point, full-year paper. It involves carrying out an original experimental research project on some aspect of state-of-the-art chemistry.
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,227.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BSc(Hons), PGDipSci
Dr Courtney Ennis
Tel 64 3 479 5288
Location: Science II, 5N1
- More information link
- View more information about CHEM 490
- Teaching staff
Course Co-ordinator: Dr Courtney Ennis
As CHEM 490 is a paper taken by graduate research students, teaching staff will be those academic staff acting as research supervisors.
- Paper Structure
Depends on individual project, but concludes with the submission of a research report in late September, followed by an oral interview in late October/early November.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Critical thinking,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of advanced concepts, theories, applications and current trends in chemistry
- Demonstrate practical expertise in the laboratory