A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
CHEM 490 Research Project is a 60-point, full-year paper. It involves carrying out an original experimental research project on some aspect of state-of-the art chemistry.
|Teaching period||Full Year (18 February 2019 - 9 November 2019)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,922.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$16,550.00|
- Limited to
- BSc(Hons), PGDipSci
Associate Professor Nigel T. Lucas
Tel 64 3 479 5377
Location: Science II, 3n11
- More information link
- View more information about CHEM 490
- Teaching staff
Course Co-ordinator: Associate Professor Nigel T. Lucas
As CHEM 490 is a paper taken by graduate research students, teaching staff will be those academic staff acting as research supervisors.
- Paper Structure
- Depends on individual project, but concludes with the submission of a research report in late September/early October.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Critical thinking,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of advanced concepts, theories, applications and current trends in chemistry
- Demonstrate practical expertise in the laboratory