Clinical experience in a community placement with the provision of oral care that is both culturally acceptable and appropriate.
|Paper title||The Dentist and the Community 4|
|Teaching period||Full Year (17 February 2020 - 13 November 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,002.75|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$25,021.25|
- DENT 560
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Professor John Broughton
- Texts to be advised if required.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper aims to provide a learning framework that will allow students to integrate their knowledge and clinical skills so as to be competent in the delivery of dentistry to individuals and the community. Students will gain clinical experience in a community placement with the provision of oral care that is both culturally acceptable and appropriate. Students will be able to critically evaluate concepts and understand scientific methodology and the social and legal implications of the practice of dentistry.