Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Clinical experience in a community placement with the provision of oral care that is both culturally acceptable and appropriate.
|Paper title||The Dentist and the Community 4|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year (21 February 2022 - 12 November 2022)
Full Year (21 February 2022 - 12 November 2022) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,115.50|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- DENT 560
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Texts to be advised if required.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
This paper aims to provide a learning framework that will allow students to integrate their knowledge and clinical skills so as to be competent in the delivery of dentistry to individuals and the community.
- Students will gain clinical experience in a community facility with the provision of oral care that is both culturally acceptable and appropriate
- Students will be able to critically evaluate concepts and understand scientific methodology and the social and legal implications of the practice of dentistry