Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Preparation for independent clinical practice involving the delivery of general practice dentistry to an individual and the community.
|Paper title||General Practice Dentistry for Honours|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year (22 February 2021 - 13 November 2021)
Full Year (22 February 2021 - 13 November 2021) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$8,093.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$51,043.50|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
This paper aims to provide a learning framework that will allow students to integrate their knowledge and clinical skills so as to be competent in the delivery of dentistry to individuals and the community.
- Students will gain clinical experience in a community placement with the provision of oral care that is both culturally acceptable and appropriate
- Students will be able to critically evaluate concepts and understand scientific methodology and the social and legal implications of the practice of dentistry