Integration of knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to the independent practice of teaching for an extended period in a classroom setting.
|Paper title||Professional Practice 4|
|Points||18 points 18 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Second Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$846.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,766.35|
- Pre or Corequisite
- EDCR 331, EDCR 334, EDUC 335 and (EDPR 331 or EDPR 351)
- Limited to
- Primary Education and Te Pōkai Mātauranga o Te Ao Rua (Primary Bicultural Education) students only.
Angela Miller (email@example.com)
- Teaching staff
Paper Co-ordinator: Angela Miller
- Paper Structure
- Inclusive classrooms
- Assessment for learning
- Facilitating learning
- Positive learning strategies
- Reflective practice
- Moral and ethical consequences of school policy and classroom practice
- A recommended reading list is included in the course outline.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking,
Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Implement multiple strategies to plan, teach and assess learning experiences based on subject knowledge, pedagogical content knowledge and explicit knowledge of students and the school community (sustain a programme for a minimum of three weeks)
- Create and maintain relationships with all children that reflect a socio-cultural view of learning and behaviour
- Create and maintain a differentiated learning environment that fosters active engagement, intrinsic motivation, and positive interaction for all children
- Create and maintain programmes that result in affective and cognitive outcomes for all children
- Reflect upon and engage in debate on the moral and ethical consequences of school policy and classroom practice
- Continue to incorporate te reo me ngā tikanga Māori in teaching and learning
- Maintain standards of professional conduct guided by legal and ethical principles