Introduces students to a range of personal health issues for analysis and reflection, which are relevant to teaching.
This paper aims to encourage reflection on a range of personal health issues and to provide the knowledge and skill base necessary for healthy individual decision-making.
|Paper title||Personal Health Education|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2019|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$846.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,766.35|
- EDUO 132
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- To be confirmed.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Face-to-face and Blackboard.
Readings on eReserve.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- At the conclusion of this paper students will be able to:
- Explore holistic health practices that contribute to the quality of life
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of current health issues
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of sexuality and the sexual culture of New Zealand
- Explain the importance of developing responsible attitudes and behaviours in relation to the use of drugs
- Design an action plan to promote the concept of health promotion and relevant use of community services in their teaching