The management of cardiology and respiratory problems in a rural hospital setting. Includes acute coronary syndromes, arrhythmias, valvular heart problems, airways obstruction and respiratory infections.
|Paper title||Cardiorespiratory Medicine in Rural Hospitals|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (9 July 2018 - 14 December 2018)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,746.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,490.00|
- GENX 721
- Limited to
- PGCertRPHP, PGDipGP, PGDipPHC, PGDipRPHP
- Includes one period of residential study.
- Teaching staff
- Garry Nixon and Mark Smith
- Teaching Arrangements
- Distance learning and 6-day residential
- Recommended readings supplied
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will demonstrate an understanding of cardiorespiratory care in a rural hospital setting.