2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
A supervised project involving research and leading to the production of a research report.
At the end of the second semester the results of the project are reported in the form of a dissertation. This paper is usually part of a one-year Postgraduate Diploma in Science and is also required for direct entry into a one-year thesis-only research MSc degree.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Points||40 points 40 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, 1st Non standard period (6 July 2020 - 20 June 2021)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,132.35|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$12,633.40|
- Limited to
- PGDipSci, PGDipAppSc
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Students carry out GENE 480 under supervision of any member of the Genetics research and teaching staff.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Effective written communication and analysis of scientific results