A supervised project involving research and leading to the production of a research report.
At the end of the second semester the results of the project are reported in the form of a dissertation. This paper is usually part of a one-year Postgraduate Diploma in Science and is also required for direct entry into a one-year thesis-only research MSc degree.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,071.03|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$12,031.80|
- Limited to
- PGDipSci, PGDipAppSc
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Students carry out GENE 480 under supervision of any member of the Genetics research and teaching staff.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Effective written communication and analysis of scientific results
- More information link