2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
An exploration of contemporary debates in geography with an emphasis on their expression in South Pacific contexts.
|Paper title||Geographies of the South Pacific|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,080.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,858.95|
- GEOG 102 or 108 points
- GEOG 378
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music, Science
- Teaching staff
- To be confirmed.
- Teaching Arrangements
This course is based on a series of lectures and tutorials as well as a series of key readings
- No text book required: key readings will be available on Blackboard.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of this paper, students should:
- Have a critical awareness and understanding of contemporary debates in geography
- Be able to independently assess and critique how these debates manifest in a South Pacific context
- Have an appreciation for the situated nature of geographical knowledge
- Understand the importance of context and of language in geography.